Thursday, November 26, 2009

Week 1 Technology Assessment

When completing the first assessment from the Texas Education Agency, I realized there was a lot of information that I had never even heard of. Several of the ideas the questions were referring to I did not even understand, and therefore was unaware of how to use the programs it was referring to. When analyzing the results of the first assessment I was able to determine that I had a basic knowledge of technology skills, and was able to fully communicate with others successfully through technology as well as problem solve when encountering issues along the way. The domain that I had the least knowledge about was about the foundations of technology and that is an area that I need to focus building my knowledge.
After completing the SETDA survey for Teachers, I was not able to answer several of the questions fairly. Because I am new to my campus and district, I am unaware of many of the procedures that occur when discussing technology. Our campus is also in a rebuilding stage, and under construction. Literally half of the campus is in portables. The library is almost removed completely on another campus. It is at least a 10 minute walk from my classroom. Because of all of these obstacles, I am not able to gather my students to take them where they have access to computers and other technology resources the library has. Some of the other questions referred to other campuses at my level in my district. My district is a one high school district and so therefore many of the decisions for the district are made within my own campus. The more I become acquainted with the people of the culture of my campus I will also become more knowledgeable about the processes within.

No comments:

Post a Comment